1998 DODGE NEON R/T - POCKET ROCKET
Jun 3, 2004 17:12:26|
16 ( -2 -12.5% )|
Other author's articles:
- '1998 Audi A4 Sedan: Smooth Performance - If we had to use one word to describe the 1998 Audi A4 2.8 sedan, it would be 'smooth.' From the engine, to the transmission, to the leather seats, to the power sunroof, to the distinctive styling, everything about the precision-crafted Audi is
- '1998 Nissan Sentra SE: Subcompact Super Sedan - Nissan's slogan, "Enjoy The Ride,вЂќ is perfect for the '98 Sentra SE. On the surface, the Sentra is a practical subcompact, four-door sedan, but when equipped with the SE package, it becomes a diminutive super sedan. The SE package puts a very
|Show all author's articles|
Small, economical cars don't have to be slow and boring. The Austin Mini Cooper proved that, until federal safety standards halted importation. That 'pocket rocket' tradition lives on in the 1998 Dodge Neon R/T. The R/T designation previously appeared on mega-cubic inch sixties and seventies Dodge muscle cars. The use of that name on a car with a 2-liter engine may seem presumptuous, but the 150 horsepower 4-cylinder yields 0-60 mph times that are only eclipsed by the awesome V-10 Dodge Viper.
The 1998 Dodge Neon R/T is only available at Dodge dealers--Plymouth dealers get a "luxury" version called the Neon Style. The R/T owes much to the highly successful Neon ARC racing package. Their shared high performance features include the engine, quick-ratio steering, sport-tuned suspension, a quick-ratio five-speed manual transmission, four-wheel disc brakes, and a speed unlimited engine controller. Bold Viper stripes and unique 14x6-inch cast aluminum wheels distinguish the R/T exterior from its pokier siblings. Inside, the R/T boasts a leather steering wheel and shift knob plus unique seat material.
We drove the Neon R/T around town, on the highway, and at the race track. It handled all three terrains very well. The R/T was amazingly quick and agile at the track, while its sportiness also makes commuting more fun than it should be. The front seats are roomy and comfortable. Noise suppression and quality control has been greatly improved over earlier Neons. Fuel economy easily tops 30 mpg. The '98 Dodge Neon R/T is a good looking, practical, affordable subcompact sedan that is incredibly fun to drive.
- Transpower delays Waitaki-Christchurch transmission upgrade - Christchurch consumers will now have to wait until at least 2012 for power lines guaranteeing a more reliable electricity supply.
- Japan jobless rate lowest since 1998 - Japan's jobless rate fell in April to thelowest level since late 1998 and wage earner spending rose fromthe previous month, suggesting that personal consumption willcontinue to underpin Japan's economic recovery.
- Renault's Manual Overdrive - Step inside Renault's Romanian factory and check out the anatomy of one of the world's least-expensive cars. French automaker Renault has taken a revolutionary approach to building its new $6,000 Logan, combining a simple design with an unorthodox approac
|Find all news similar on 1998 DODGE NEON R/T - POCKET ROCKET |