'1998 Audi A4 Sedan: Smooth Performance
Mar 17, 2005 19:41:50|
110 ( -14 -12.72% )|
Other author's articles:
- '1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4x4 Pickup: Big Is Beautiful - If you like real trucks, you'll love the new 1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty pickups. These trucks are BIG: big dimensions, big V-10 engines, big tires, big comfortable interiors, a big step-in height on 4x4 models-- and big prices. Super Duty trucks are
- '1998 Nissan Sentra SE: Subcompact Super Sedan - Nissan's slogan, "Enjoy The Ride,вЂќ is perfect for the '98 Sentra SE. On the surface, the Sentra is a practical subcompact, four-door sedan, but when equipped with the SE package, it becomes a diminutive super sedan. The SE package puts a very
|Show all author's articles|
If we had to use one word to describe the 1998 Audi A4 2.8 sedan, it would be 'smooth.' From the engine, to the transmission, to the leather seats, to the power sunroof, to the distinctive styling, everything about the precision-crafted Audi is smooth. The Audi A4 is a superb driver's car. Front seat comfort and room are outstanding. There's so much leg room that even drivers well over six-feet-tall may need to move the seat up a little. The front-seat passenger can relax in living room comfort even when the Audi is streaking down a winding country road. Our test car had the optional heated leather seats. With the adjustable lumbar support, the Audi seats are great for long drives. Front seat access is super easy because the doors open extra wide. A tilt-telescopic leather-covered steering wheel helps fine-tune a near perfect driving environment. The rear seat is well-appointed but a little tight on leg room. A rear armrest with inside storage and excellent adjustable headrests add to the comfort level.
The Audi A4 2.8 sedan is considered a luxury/performance sedan. The first-class build quality and interior comfort easily account for the 'luxury' part of the equation. The impressive 2.8 liter, 190 hp, DOHC 30-valve V6 engine, super smooth 5-speed manual transmission, taut suspension, and four-wheel disc brakes make an excellent performance package. We took the A4 on a trip through a twisty, two-lane mountain pass on a beautiful spring day and didn't want to return home. The Audi A4 is so enjoyable to drive that you may seek roundabout routes to your destination. Our fuel economy figures were in the mid-twenties--which is very respectable for a car with the Audi's performance levels.
The trunk is quite spacious with a flat floor, recessed cargo loops, two lamps, and a large opening for easy access. The locking, fold-down 60/40 rear seat adds cargo space and versatility. The A4 has practicality to go along with the ample luxury and performance. An excellent warranty called the 'Audi Advantage' includes all scheduled maintenance and roadside assistance for three years.
Outside of the two sub-standard cup holders, the '98 Audi A4 2.8 sedan is a wonderfully smooth combination of performance, luxury, quality, practicality, and good looks.
- '1998 VW Passat GLS Sedan: A Big VW-- That's Big On Sportiness and Practicality - Spacious and luxurious probably aren't the first words that come to mind when you think of a Volkswagen. As more and more people experience the radical new 1998 VW Passat sedan, their impressions of the brand should improve dramatically. Classified
- New Car Test Drive - 1998 Audi A4 - Audi reinvents the station wagon. Base Price $24,290 As Tested $34,230 If you still think station wagons are clunky and boring and old-fashioned, then you haven''t been in an Audi showroom lately. If you had, you would have seen the A4 Avant, which
- New Car Test Drive - 1997 Audi A4 - An appealingly affordable European. Providing luxurious transportation in a tidy package has become a lucrative business for many manufacturers. A wide range of choices are available, with a price spread equally broad. European offerings in this
|Find all articles similar on '1998 Audi A4 Sedan: Smooth Performance |